Monday, November 23, 2009

Bright Tree Trimmings

Hello!  I've been in a Christmas card-making mood lately, and here is one I made using an old sketch challenge on Stampin' Addicts (#29):



This card uses some non-traditional colors, but I think they look great together!  The turquoise paper from the Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper pack also works nicely on a Christmas card.  I embossed the snowflakes from the Season of Friendship stamp set on Kraft cardstock, using VersaMark and clear embossing powder.  The string stamp in the Tree Trimmings stamp set was not long enough for the first ornament, so I sketched one out with a pencil, then went over it with the Soft Suede marker.  You could stamp the string twice - stamping it once normally against the ornament, then again upside down to lengthen the string - but I like the look of drawing it in personally.

By the way - one of Stampin' Up!'s biggest sales has started.. the Online Holiday Extravaganza sale!  Check out the deals in my online store by going to my website and clicking "order now".  I've listed the deals also in this post.  Happy shopping!  :)

Bright Tree Trimmings card:  Tree Trimmings, Season of Friendship and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets; Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise and Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pads; VersaMark ink pad; Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker; Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock; Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper; Modern Label punch; Word Window Punch; Very Vanilla 3/8" taffeta ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!