Thursday, January 7, 2010

PPA24 - Fresh Cuts card

Hello!  Hope you have been enjoying your week!

Today's card uses the Pals Paper Arts Challenge #24, a simple sketch challenge.  I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets, Fresh Cuts, and combined it with one of my favorite Designer Series Paper packs, Pink Flamingo:



After stamping the main image, I went back and colored in the flowers, leaves and flourish with Stampin' Write markers.  Coloring them really makes the images pop!  And I just love how well the Word Window and Modern Label punches work together, helping the sentiment stand out.  One of the things I absolutely love the most about Stampin' Up! is the wonderful color coordination with all of the cardstock, inks, and gorgeous accessories.  You can use their products without having to worry about if your brads will match your paper, etc.!

By the way, don't forget about my blog candy!  Click to this post to read all about it!  Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day.

Fresh cuts card:  Fresh Cuts stamp set; Chocolate Chip and Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pads; Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, and Kraft cardstock; Pink Flamingo Designer Series Paper; Old Olive, Real Red and Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write markers; Chocolate Chip 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon; Chocolate Chip corduroy brads; Vintage brads; Eyelet Border punch; Word Window punch; Modern Label punch

4 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Melissa! I love what you did with the Fresh Cuts stamp! It looks so great with the background paper! Love the Chocolate Chip accents, too! Super job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Melissa! The colors just "pop"! Fresh Cuts is one of my favorite stamps, and you did such a great job coloring it! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your card really stands out! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this on Stampin' Addicts! Very pretty card -- haven't seen Fresh Cuts used in a while and the blue of the flower really pops! (I didn't steal that from Ann's comment either -- that was my first thought when I saw the card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!