Friday, February 5, 2010

Fresh Floral Birthday

Happy Friday!

My friend Marie has another inspiration challenge (click here to visit her blog and play along), and this one is also right up my alley.  I love fresh and airy rooms, and this one is no exception.  She found this picture on the Traditional Home website:


Gorgeous!  The color scheme is exactly how I would want my kitchen/breakfast nook to look (hehe, "nook to look").  Anyway, I was inspired by the colors and clean, airy feel.  When I think of these words, the stamp set Fifth Avenue Floral immediately comes to mind.  Here's my card, which also uses Stampin' Addicts Sketch Challenge #40 (I turned it sideways):


I first stamped the rose on Whisper White, then masked it with some scratch Grid Paper (stamp the rose again on scratch paper, trimming it and using temporary adhesive to attach it over your image on the cardstock).  I then stamped the other flowers to either side.  I keep this mask in my stamp set's box for easy access.  Watercoloring with the ink pads and Blender Pens really brings out the beauty of the flowers!  I also simply adore these punches (if you haven't noticed!) - it's so easy to create any size you want with the border and corner punches.

Don't you just love how Sahara Sand ink looks with the Kraft?  Almost a perfect match!  And you can never have too many birthday cards, right?

Fresh Floral Birthday card:  Fifth Avenue Floral and Well Scripted stamp sets; Jet Black StazOn ink; Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pads; Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White, and Certainly Celery cardstock; Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper; Filigree Designer Brads; Vintage Brads; Whisper White satin ribbon; Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches

2 comments:

  1. wow, this card is perfect for the inspiration photo, awesome work....have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa you are so seriously talented, I just love your work and check here often for ideas. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!