Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scrapbook page - yum

Good morning!

So as I said, yesterday I attended a crop with some nice ladies from the area.  I'm such a slow scrapper, so in the 3 or so hours, I only completed 1 page (well, minus the title) and got another about halfway done.  In my defense, I of course didn't plan page kits or anything (procrastinator).  I don't think it was too bad though!

Here's the page I completed, adding the title at home:



LOL, yes, that is Fluffy having some Greek yogurt!  It's her new favorite treat - specifically Stonyfield's Oikos, but I'm sure she wouldn't complain if I gave her another brand.  Talk about spoiled!  :)

I actually took minimal (for me) supplies with me, bringing just a carry tote.  SU!'s Simply Scrappin' kits are wonderful for bringing to crops - you can create SO much with them.  I used a retired one that I bought off of the Clearance Rack, "U R Sweet" (it's sold out, but you can see other CR items in my online store at my website here).  The stamps I used are all from the Elements of Style stamp set in the Summer Mini.  The Simply Scrappin' kits contain lots of textured cardstock, sheets of self-adhesive die-cuts, and Designer Series Paper, and they all coordinate beautifully.  I only added my stamps, a couple of buttons/brads (and Linen Thread), the chipboard title, and the sheet of Whisper White behind the Old Olive punched sheet.  If you're like me, you may not like always directly adhering die-cuts.  When I want to pop them up, I just stick it onto my jeans several times to pick up some lint and take away some of the stickiness, then use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere it to my project.  I added a little inking as well to make them look less like regular ol' die-cuts. :)

To create my title, I simply adhered chipboard letters from the On Board Timeless Type pack to the back of some Rose Red textured cardstock, then cut around them with my craft knife.  To create a smooth and clean look, I sanded the edges.

Here's a close-up of my journaling:


It kind of frustrates me when I can't get the real shades of colors to show up in photos!  Most of the time I will get some of the colors perfect, but others will be off.  The pictures were as best as I could get them, but I assure you that Taken with Teal is a lot richer than it appears.  Any suggestions?

Well, thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

yum scrapbook page supplies (12x12"):
Stamps:  Elements of Style
Ink:  Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Taken with Teal
Paper:  Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Rose Red, Whisper White textured cardstock, Whisper White cardstock
Accessories:  U R Sweet Simply Scrappin' Kit (retired), Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Basic Gray Corduroy Brad, On Board Timeless Type, Stampin' Sponges, Linen Thread, Scallop Trim Border Punch (available July 1), Distressing Tool from the Cutter Kit

3 comments:

  1. Melissa, Fluffy is just too cute!! Look at her with yogurt on her face, lol!

    I love the page, it came just gorgeous, you do some great work :)

    Paula
    Mia Sogni Dolci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fluffy is so cute!! And spoiled as our dog is!!! She had peach cobbler ice cream last night. Only she is NOT particular...whatever we have is fine with her!!

    Love the LO. It is frustrating when the colors don't print as true as they are. But we understand.

    Love the LO and your journaling is always so neat. Love your printing.

    I think you did pretty good with 2 LO's! And how many is not the point. If you enjoyed it and love it...that is the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is Fluffy!
    Those colors work really well with each other. Great job!
    What would you do without a border punch? JK... I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!