Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hydrangea Thank You card

Hello!  I hope you had a great weekend!

Here's a card that I made, using Mojo Monday's sketch this week...


I just love this new stamp from the new Idea Book & Catalog.  So pretty!  It makes me want to buy some hydrangeas for my room, but I'm not sure they'd last too long indoors.

Anyway, so I tried out stitching on paper for the first time!  I think it turned out pretty nicely.  I was tickled pink when I tried it and it worked, and couldn't help admiring it.  LOL.. you can relate... right??

I watercolored the hydrangea petals using Poppy Parade, one of SU!'s new In Colors.  It's such a pretty red! I don't have the ink pads yet, just the markers that I pre-ordered last month, but watercoloring is a breeze with markers!  Simply scribble with the brush end onto something like a plastic clamshell stamp case, then pick up the color using an Aqua Painter or Blender Pen.  I did the same with Pear Pizzazz (another new In Color) on the stem and leaves.  After I had a base color, I went back in and added shading by directly coloring on the image with the markers.

I removed the rhinestone from a Clear Rhinestone Brad to add a nice accent onto the tag.  I can't wait to get the new Rhinestone (and Pearl, by the way) Accents in the new catalog!  My wishlist is definitely a mile long.. whew!  :)

Well, gotta run!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a fabulous rest of the evening!

Hydrangea Thank You card supplies:
Stamps:  Because I Care
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark ink
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, and Poppy Parade cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Soft Suede 1/2" Polka-Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzazz and Peach Parfait Stampin' Write Markers, Blender Pen, Curly Label Punch, Cutter Kit, Ovals Originals die, Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder, Big Shot, sewing machine and thread

9 comments:

  1. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.!!!!! Wow, Melissa. You nailed this one to the wall. It is superb!! The flower is out of sight for sure. And you are right...love the stitching. I would admire it, too. You certainly know how to make cards, that is for sure. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! How do you make such a perfect bow?

    Paula
    Mia Sogni Dolci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! That hydrangea looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy this is lovely!! I've not been a huge fan of that stamp set... until NOW! Your embossing and stitching are icing on the cake. WOW! Great job with the Mojo sketch- this one really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm running out of adjectives to describe your work. How many times can I use "beautiful", "stunning", and "gorgeous"? This card is all three!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Melissa... it's just beautiful! The colors are amazing. And your stitching... did you do that by hand? It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that hydrangea is gorgeous! Your coloring is fab and the whole card is deliciously serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card. Gorgeous coloring! Thanks for playing Mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GORGEOUS Melissa!! Love the colors and the textures that you used with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!