Friday, July 9, 2010

Vintage Collage card

Happy Friday!!

Today I wanted to share a card I created using a collage-type of look.  I used one of my new favorite stamp sets again, Artistic Etchings...


First, I sponged Baja Breeze Classic ink all over the lattice piece from the Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper pack, then punched the Scallop Trim Border.  I then stamped various images from the stamp set in Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Baja Breeze (the medallion in the upper left was stamped after "stamping off" on scratch paper).  Next, I rubbed off excess ink with a paper towel to reveal the paper design, and inked the edges with Early Espresso.  I added a little tag on the side as well.  The Eiffel Tower was stamped in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake cardstock, cut out, and adhered over the Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  My Cherry Cobbler card base was inserted about 1/3 of the way into the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions folder, and finished off with a strip of Newsprint Designer Series Paper.

Well, that's all I have for now!  I'm working on the rest of my circle journal layouts, so I should have those up sometime soon before I send them off to Lisa!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!

Vintage Collage card supplies:
Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pads
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake cardstock, Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper, Newsprint Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Marina Mist 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Metallic Brads, Big Shot

2 comments:

  1. This is so nice. I like how you used the new stamps. The colors are so vibrant, too. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the colors and I now will probably have to add that stamp set to my wish list too! I have said it before, but I am going to say it again, your eye for color combinations is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!