Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hey Buh-dy! scrapbook page

Happy Saturday!

Friends of Seth's brother have a daughter named Zailee.  We've known her all her life, and she's always been so adorable and such a joy to be around.  She's 2-1/2, and we had the pleasure of seeing her when we went back to VA last month.  She wanted me to take her picture numerous times, asking after each photo, "can I please see it?"  I'd tell her how cute the photo is, and she'd reply, "yes, it sure is!"

Zailee just adored our Shih Tzu, Fluffy.  She spent as much time as she could around her, petting and hugging her and saying "hey buh-dy" and "hey puppy-dog".  I couldn't wait to scrapbook these photos. :)  The larger photo is the result of me saying "smile!" and the second one is of her giving Fluffy a hug.  I used a sketch from August's PageMaps, and colors inspired by this top at Anthropologie:


Sigh, another article of clothing from that store to add to my long wish list. ;)  Anyway, here's my page...


The journaling reads:  "Adam and Whitney's daughter Zailee is so adorable.  She loves posing for pictures and just adores Fluffy - calling her "buh-dy" ("buddy") & "puppy-dog".  So cute!"

So there's my favorite Presto Patterns Specialty DSP again, using the toile piece.  I brayered Early Espresso over it, then spritzed it with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to give it some sparkle.  I created my pleating to separate the panels by first breaking down the fibers a little in a strip of Poppy Parade (actually two strips to make it long enough), then folding it into pleats.  I then sewed down with my sewing machine.  I also sewed around the white cardstock, and did some hand-stitching on the buttons.  The Presto Patterns DSP also shows up on both of the flowers, colored with Cherry Cobbler and Poppy Parade.  Tip:  I don't have the Poppy Parade ink pad yet, but the brush tip on the marker worked just great at coloring that DSP!

The flowers add a nice bit of texture.  I punched out three pieces of paper for each one, using cardstock and Presto Patterns DSP.  Each layer was crumpled, folded and inked with Early Espresso.  I used a Stampin' Sponge and Early Espresso ink to color some Crumb Cake Corduroy Brads.  And BTW, the Early Espresso cardstock behind the photo was stamped with the single stamp Dot, Dot, Dot in Early Espresso.

One more story about Zailee - she has a new baby brother, who is named after their father Adam.  She calls him "Baby Adam".  Seth's mom, Gina, asked her what her mommy brought back from the hospital, and she replied, "Baby Adam".  Gina asked her then if she wanted baby Adam to stay, or if she wanted him to go back to the hospital.  Zailee said she wanted him to stay, and that she loved him.  Aww.  ♥

Well, have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by!

hey buh-dy! scrapbook page supplies (12x12):
Stamps:  Dot, Dot, Dot
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz, Poppy Parade, and Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Whisper White textured cardstock, Presto Patterns Specialty Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Sweet Pea Stitched Felt (retired), Whisper White buttons (retired), Crumb Cake Corduroy Brads (retired), Loads of Letters On Board Chipboard (retired), Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Poppy Parade Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Black Stampin' Write Journaler, Stampin' Sponges, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border and Fancy Flower XL Punches, sewing machine and thread

3 comments:

  1. Aww!! You not only do awesome cards you rock on the LO's, too!! This is too adorable! She certainly is a sweetie!!!

    Love the LO. The sewing is really an added addition! Aren't you glad you got brave enough to try the sewing?? LOL

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is so wonderful...all the little details make those pictures even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I love the Presto Patterns and the color combo. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!