Friday, September 17, 2010

A very vintage "Just Because" card!

Happy Friday!!

So... guess what??  I made a card!

Yes, that's right.  I know it's been too long, and I apologize!  There are various reasons for this, but I'll try and be a better blogger. :)

Well, I received some new Stampin' Up! goodies not too long ago, and I had been itching to make something with them!  I had to find my stamping mojo though, so I went looking through some challenge blogs.  This week's challenge from Stampin' Celebration prompted me to play, as it uses such a gorgeous color combo!


So much fun, eh?  Let me tell you about all these awesome goodies!

The background was created using the Music Notes wheel and Early Espresso ink.  Isn't that new wheel just gorgeous?  It is one of my must-have items from the Idea Book & Catalog, and I was so happy when I got my little hands on it!  Lining up the multiple images was a breeze with the Wheel Guide!

I stamped the beautiful image from the Notably Ornate stamp set (another must-have), cut it out, and distressed it (along with everything else on this card).  I spritzed over different elements using the Color Spritzer and the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker, and when the card was all finished, I sprayed the front all over with lots of Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  It's so beautifully sparkly in real life. :)

The new Raven Lace Trim from the new Holiday Mini Catalog looks just gorgeous layered over the satin ribbon.  I created the pleating effect using Mini Glue Dots (one of my favorite ways to add interest to ribbon)... I just love how it turned out with the lace!

See that pretty flower?  I made that using the new waffle paper!  It was so easy to create!  I simply punched out a few flowers using the Fancy Flower XL punch and layered them slightly off from each other (not lining them up), scrunching them up a little.  Next, I punched out a scalloped circle from the Newsprint Designer Series Paper (one of my favorite packs!), sprayed it with water on both sides to loosen the fibers, and crumpled it up.  I then layered it on top of the waffle paper flowers and punched a hole in the middle.  The Antique Brad just works so wonderfully as a flower center... don't you think?

Tip:  When punching the waffle paper, be sure to first layer some cardstock underneath, and punch through both layers.  I like to use either Whisper White or Very Vanilla.  This ensures that you have a nice, clean cut through your waffle paper!

Ok, gotta run!  I need to start packing and organizing my stuff for the retreat I'm going to later this month.  Thanks for stopping by!

"Just Because" vintage card supplies:
Stamps:  Notably Ornate
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla cardstock, Newsprint Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools:  Music Notes Wheel, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Color Spritzer, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker, Stampin' Sponge, 1-3/8" Scallop Circle and Fancy Flower Punches, Raven Lace Trim and Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Antique Brad, Waffle Paper Assortment #2

8 comments:

  1. I have missed you...that is for sure. But I haven't been blogging either. Life tends to get in the way sometimes.

    This is a beauty of a card, Melissa!!! I love the colors, which I am stealing for a LO...and the creativity of how you put it all together is beautiful!! What a talent you have.

    Glad you had time to make your card and share it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the pink pirouette with the crumb cake. That notable ornate stamp set is beautiful on this card with the flower! It matches your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely card. I, too, like the way the lace looks on top of the ribbon. What an elegant look it gives. Lovely work, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love all of the details that add interest. Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great idea to use the waffle paper for flowers! I will be doing that! I love all the new goodies on your card! Thanks for playing at the SCIC blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, this is by far my most favorite card of all time! It's just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Simply stunning. That flower is gorgeous. Love the brad in the center. Thanks for playing along with us at the SCIC. Congrats on being chosen one of our Top 3 this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to say, your things are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.. it makes my day!